Let's face it, teens deal with a lot. Between school, a global pandemic, and other stressors (like the fact that being a teenager is just weird), teens don't always have time to be creative, or an outlet to do so. That's why we created this teen zine, Teen Spotlight! You can get creative by submitting your own work or be inspired by the unique submissions of teens in your area. It's a perfect excuse for a break, and a way to connect with other teens through their art! See the information below for guidance on what to submit and how to be part of Teen Spotlight!
Submitting Your Digital Content
Teen Spotlight is accepting submissions for its Spring 2021 publication. We encourage teens in Richmond City and its surrounding counties to submit their art and/or written work. We are looking for a diverse range of submissions including drawings, photographs, poetry, essays, or any other visual representation of your creativity! Submitting your work is free and the process only takes a few minutes but must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submissions should be from teens ages 12-19 living in Richmond City and its surrounding counties.
- Submissions are limited to one entry per teen including one image or a document of no more than 300 words.
- Accepted file formats are jpg, png, Word, or PDF.
- Submissions should be your own original work and you should own the right to it.
- Content should be appropriate for teen audiences.
- Deadline is March 31, 2021.
The inclusion of submissions in Teen Spotlight will be at the editors’ discretion. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.